Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Date night

Last Friday night, CJ and I got a babysitter and headed out. We had dinner at Olive Garden and then stopped by the local movie theater. We had missed all the 7:00 shows so we went for a long walk through a nice neighborhood. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to talk without ANY interruptions. On the way home, we stopped at Hollywood Video to rent a movie but couldn't find anything we were that interested in. But then we came across this:








I had never seen this show, but I'd heard a lot about it from my sister Emily and her husband Dave. Anyway, we stayed up WAY too late watching the first few episodes and laughing - alot. Although I have to admit, watching Jason Bateman play a dad makes me feel really old. I just returned it and now I have to rent the rest of the first season, and the 2 DVD's of the following 2 seasons. Anyway, I've decided this is my favorite way to watch TV. One episode right after another with no break (or writer's strike) in between. Someday, I may even talk myself into watching "Lost" - as long as I can do it this way.

3 comments:

barterboutique said...

LOVE Arrested Development! Watching shows consecutively is the best, except I usually stay up WAY too late to finish the season.

Emily said...

oh my gosh, did you LOVE it? I'm laughing just thinking about CJ watching it and laughing...I bet he loved it. I'm so glad you finally saw it. now you can borrow ours while you're here next week!

ellen said...

probably cheaper to buy them at target, they're always on sale here