Wednesday, June 4, 2008

End of first grade

Okay, okay, I'm feeling a little bit guilty about my last post. Hannah's award ceremony really was a little bit fun. I just wrote that post in the HEAT of the moment (literally, it was 97 in Houston that day which set a record and I was hot all day!) Hannah earned several awards and I was very proud of her and her hard work. She made the A Honor Roll meaning she earning only A's all year long and she also earned the award for art in her grade. She was really excited and happy and I'm so glad we could be there to support her.

So last night was her talent show and instead of being crabby about how busy the day was or how late we got home (and I won't bore you with the details of how I dropped a huge glass of grape juice in my entry-way while we were on our way out the door and it splashed everywhere and ruined our carpet and stained the paint on our walls. All I'll say about that is that it's a good thing it was my own fault because if one of my kids had done it, I might've seriously hurt him/her), I wanted to share her performance so you could see what a talented and cute little girl we have.

Congratulations on all your accomplishments during first grade Hannah! We love you and we're so proud of you!

4 comments:

barterboutique said...

Big bummer about the grape juice! I nodded my head in agreement when you said it was a good thing You did it and not one of your kids...been there!

Also, totally not expecting to hear Hannah play the Star Wars theme. CUTE!

Emily said...

oh my gosh, the grape juice! what are you going to do?! can't believe they made her stand up to play the piano. weird. she did great! i bet charlie loves that song!

Holly or James said...

Great job Hannah!! I played the same star wars song (an arrangement that my Dad made for me) when I was in kindergarten. What a coincidence. (:

Melanie said...

Hannah played that song so well. What a talented little girl. Sorry to hear about the carpet and walls too. I hope you can find some way to fix them!