Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I think we finally bought a house...

We spent the weekend in our new hometown, Austin. It was H.O.T. But it wasn't very humid, which I loved (even though I was H.O.T.)

And believe it or not, we finally bought a house. Here are a few photos. Right now we're scheduled to close on the 17th of July. Which is in 4 weeks, give or take and I can't believe how soon that is. I better get busy.


Do I love that there's tile in the family room? No. But if I've learned anything in the past 4 weeks it's this: buying a house is a compromise. And our huge entry way rug really needs to fit in this room.



I'm really excited for all the cabinets in the kitchen since we're leaving an amazing pantry here in Houston. The wall of cabinets on the left will hopefully hold most of our food storage. And I'm wondering how hard it might be for my dad to change the light fixture in the kitchen because I really hate it. What do you think dad?


6 comments:

Holly or James said...

The house is beautiful. I LOVE all the space in the kitchen!! Did you guys consider carpeting in the family room? I don't think I could stand a hard floor in the main sitting area.

Dave L. said...

No problem - how hard can it be! However the light fixture looks like it has fluorescent bulbs which are very cost effective and provide great light.
Dad

Peg said...

and if your dad needs help I volunteer JohnPaul. He is very handy!

Emily said...

perfect to put a rug in there, the kids can push it back and play cars on the tile!

hate that light too, to be honest.

i really like it sara! congratulations!
although, i'm going to miss your pantries and your island. :)

ellen said...

fun - looks nice

Holly or James said...

i like the kitchen light.
-gym