Friday, February 26, 2010

Hannah's Day

(Hannah and cousin Alex at Colonial Williamsburg last spring).

Today is Hannah's 9th birthday. When I think back over the past year, it has gone so fast. Seems like we were just getting her ready for her baptism and confirmation and suddenly, a whole year has gone by. We had no idea then, NO IDEA, that we would move to Austin and now we've been here 7 months already.

Last night before bed, I told Hannah the story about going into labor with her (she's the only baby I wasn't induced with) and about her delivery and my first hours and days as her mother. I got teary eyed remembering the feelings I had then, 9 whole years ago. We'd been praying for a baby for several years and she felt like a complete miracle to me.

Hannah is still a miracle and a blessing in our family. She is so smart and talented and helpful and funny and we wouldn't be the same without her. I'm so glad our prayers were answered 9 years with our little Hannahbird.

Happy Birthday!


9 comments:

Summer said...

Happy birthday hannah girl!

Emily said...

Happy birthday Hannah!

Holly or James said...

cutie.
-gym

Tien said...

First, happy birthday to Hannah!

Second, I got the H&M bow blouse in a size 12 for you. Email me at lazymountain (at) gmail dot com, so I can give you my paypal info (not the same address as above).

triciathomas said...

I am so sorry I thought you were the other Sara, I changed the link!!! Thank you for letting me know!!! Sorry, sorry, sorry!!!!

lynette said...

ummm, where did your harry potter post go? i wanted to see the preview!

how are you?

lynette said...

ok, so i found the trailer online and i started crying! i'm such a dork! and, here's a little secret, i still haven't finished reading the sixth book! AGH!

JMay said...

Beautiful kids, you are blessed :-)

Summer said...

Hey! So my mom wants me to look into UT. what do you think?