Friday, October 1, 2010

Out of retirement

Okay, I did something today that I'm kinda excited about, so I figured I would post it here for anyone who still checks in with me to see. Ta-da:

See that cute ladybug skirt? I MADE it. *I know.* Crazy, huh? I originally saw this skirt on this blog. I've never met the author, but I really admire her sewing skills and she makes lots of cute things. When I saw the free pattern for the skirt here, I decided I had to give it a shot.
I want to teach Hannah how to sew a little and this skirt is the perfect project for her. We went to the fabric store together and she had a great time picking out fabric and ribbon. But before we started, I decided I needed to give the pattern a test run. It took about an hour and a half and Rachel was pretty excited to put it on and wear it. It was fairly easy, even for an amateur like me and the possibilities with this skirt are endless. I want to try corderoy next. Anyway, let me know if you try this pattern and what you think.
Also, happy birthday to Delos and Misty today!

5 comments:

Holly or James said...

cute skirt.
-gym

ellen said...

nice work! eric is to die for in that picture- sooo cute

Summer said...

good work! haha sewing will be good for when shes in YW.

Emily said...

VERY cute. nice work sister!

Nikki said...

I am impressed. We've dabbled a bit in sewing too lately and I was just writing about it on my blog. I never thought I would need to sew, but it would come in so handy at this time in life.