Friday, October 3, 2008

Favorite things - Canton edition

I originally wrote this post several weeks ago and it got delayed by our trip and the hurricane, but I thought "better late than never" so here it is...

Also, just so you know, the results of Charlie's EKG were completely normal. So we're very relieved to know that his heart is working just fine!

Several weeks ago, I made a little overnight trip with a few girlfriends to Canton, TX. I'd heard of Canton but I'd never been there. Once a month, there's a huge "flea market" there - called Market Days - and vendors from all over set up booths and sell, sell, sell! It's massive and it took us two days to see all the booths (and we probably even missed some). We had a great time, despite the insane heat and humidity, and I wanted to post a few of my favorite Canton finds:


First I have to say, the quality of these photos is not great and they all look a little crooked for some reason so you may have to tip your head slightly to get a better idea... Anyway, this "cubby" near the fireplace of my house really needed a little bit of light. I like the picture but with the red paint, that corner is a little dark - especially at night. When I saw this little "lantern" lamp, I knew it was perfect for our dark corner and I love the way it looks!
I didn't get this candle or candlestick at Canton but I bought the pretty little beads to go around it. It's just a long strand of beads on something similar to fishing line and you can wrap it around anything to dress it up a little. We saw these at a couple of different booths and they had lots of pretty varieties and colors.
I love this clock! I think I've finally decided what I'm going to do on my massive entry-way wall (and it only took me two and a half years too!) and this clock will be a part of the finished product.
Also for my future entry-way decor, I found these cool lanterns. The bigger one was on display decorated with Christmas things inside and I thought it might be fun to change what's inside of it depending on the season.

Now I can't wait for all of our home repairs to get completed so I can finally finish decorating with my Canton finds!


1 comment:

Emily said...

I love it all, but especially the clock and the lanterns you're going to use in the entryway. I've been looking for a cute clock for a few months now, that one would really do the trick for me!

Glad Charlie's okay!