Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Soccer

A couple of weeks ago, we heard about a group of Charlie's friends that were all playing soccer on the same team. So a good friend of mine gave me all the info and I emailed the guy in charge and begged him to let Charlie play on the same team. Even though the team was at it's "limit" they just happened to have an extra uniform in that team's color and the guy agreed to add Charlie to the roster. Isn't the uniform cute???
So his first game was on Saturday morning and even though he'd never even been to a practice, the coach explained the rules to him and rotated him in so he would have a chance to play. I was so surprised at how well he did. He actually even scored two goals! I love this picture of him listening to his coach. He's the first #7 from the left.
I wish I had zoomed in a little for this shot, but he got to do a "corner kick" and I was crackin' up because he's holding his new shorts up - they're way too big for him. He was hitching them up the whole time he played! So his first practice is tonight and he can hardly wait.

3 comments:

Emily said...

that is so sweet! hilarious about the 2 number sevens. something about charlie just GETS me, I love hearing stuff about him. I think he's the sweetest kid ever.

Dave L. said...

It was good to visit with you today and it was GREAT to hear that his EKG shows all is well. So fun that he wants to play soccer and scored two goals in a game before his first practice.

Holly or James said...

love the soccer. keep it up!
-gym