Thursday, September 4, 2008

Palin Power



Not to get all political, but how many of you watched her speech last night during the Republican National Convention?

She seems (to me) to be the first "average American" to run for office in a long time. She's not Ivy League (she went to the University of Idaho) but she's done an amazing job as both a mayor and as the governor of Alaska. I think she's a breath of fresh air in a very stale race. She seems like someone I could talk to and relate with. Maybe it's her 5 kids or the fact that she refers to herself as a "hockey mom." I think choosing her was the best decision John McCain has made. But that's just me...

Plus, I'm dying for Tina Fey to impersonate her - they look like sisters! SNL needs to talk Tina into guest hosting JUST for her Sarah Palin look-alikeness!

In other news...

I had an awesome time in Canton last weekend. I was sad to miss Swiss Days (read more about it here) but I have to say that Canton was a very close second. I went with a couple of friends and it was so nice to have 2 days to shop without the kids. I found some fun things for my house too, so watch for pictures in a coming post!

Plus, I'm happy that Gustav didn't turn into what we worried it might. Right now we're keeping an eye on Hanna, Ike, and Josephine since we leave for Orlando in 9 short days. We still haven't told the kids and we're getting really excited for Disneyworld. I hope they're happily surprised and really good while we're there.

5 comments:

Emily said...

My friend Emilie mentioned the Tina Fey look-alikeness too, it's uncanny I think. I didn't watch her speech, darn it.

did you know mom got you something at swiss days? you're gonna LOVE it!

Melanie said...

We watched the speech last night. It was really good. I'm impressed with her so far. She does seem very average who really knows what's going on in middle-class America.

I hadn't thought of the Tina Fey likeness, but that is hilarious! :)

I wondered about you going to Swiss Days this year because a friend of mine mentioned it on her blog and it made me think of you. Glad you got to go to Canton at least. One of these years I need to check them both out!

Holly or James said...

she's alright.
-gym

Nikki said...

I'm loving Sarah Palin. It's so nice to have a representative for American women that is not Hillary Clinton. We've been up way too late watching all this politics--I'm glad these conventions are all over :).

lynette said...

hey--you got your wish! if you missed it, see here.