Monday, September 8, 2008

New neighbor


Anyone who has ever visited my house knows that we live in a neighborhood that is named for and modeled after the famous Ewing Ranch of the 80's-era show called "Dallas." It's a little bit ridiculous, I'll admit, and I get a lot of comments from people almost everytime I give directions to my house (mostly because of our street names). So at the entrance into our neighborhood, the sales office looks just like the Ewing house and we even have a field with our own (fake) oil derricks and some cows. Once, when we first moved here, a few of the cows escaped onto the feeder road for the nearby highway. Anyway, my kids LOVE our cows and always look for them as we drive into or out of the neighborhood. And we have a new neighbor!



We first noticed this little calf about two weeks ago and I finally remembered to stick my camera in the car so I could get a few pictures the next time we drove by. Isn't it darling? Just another one of those things that makes living in Texas so unique!

5 comments:

ellen said...

hi-larious, didn't know about the Dallas theme, but now your street name makes a little more sense

Queen of the Castle said...

Just for kicks, next time you do family pictures, you should mimic that pose in front of the sales office. It would be awesome!
Congrats on the new neighbor.

Emily said...

I had no idea about the theme, hi-larious! You don't live in Dallas! Love the baby cow! We had baby sheep in spring time, right by our house!

lynette said...

This totally reminds me of Texas! Ammon's parents' house backs up to the George Bush park and there are cows, horses, donkeys, and longhorns that always come up to their fence. It's so fun!

Holly or James said...

i like those longhorns, cool.
-gym