Sunday, September 14, 2008

confession #2

i love country music.



i know this is blasphemous to a lot of music lovers out there.
but ever since i heard "fishing in the dark" when i was 11 years old, i was hooked.
there is very little country music that i don't like.
love travis tritt, randy travis, george strait, reba, shania, faith, tim, keith urban (especially him), martina mcbride (she is the best to sing along to!)...and so many others.

can't stand the new "shift work" song that seems to be so popular.
dumbest song i've ever heard.

but for the most part, i think it's great.
the country station is always my first stop when i get in the car.
it's not all i ever listen to--far from it, actually--but i do love it.
"it's a great day to be alive" always cheers me up.
there are several different songs that always make me cry.

i love to sing along to country songs...in fact, the first (and only) time i did karaoke it was a country song. that is also one of the most humiliating moments of my life, but that's a story for a different day.

what kind of music do you love?

4 comments:

Peg said...

that's pretty much all I listen to. I can't stand the head banging junk that some people call music. Since it is confession time than I will share this... I have my own karaoke machine. It's so much fun!

lynette said...

i really do love country music and in an effort to make ammon more sensitive and emotional, i try to make him love it too. it's been 10 years and it still hasn't worked, but i'm not giving up!

ellen said...

all music (well I guess not ska or death metal or new rap), but particularly country and easy listening (drives jared CRAZY)

Emily said...

the "easy listening" cracked me up.