Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hannah and UIL







So this post is long overdue. But back when it happened, I was just coming home from the hospital with a new little baby.
Anyway, Hannah had been staying after school once a week to practice for UIL. I don't know what it stands for, but basically, it's an academic competition for all the schools in our district. We found out just after Christmas break that she'd been selected to represent her school in the actual competition at the end of January. We were really happy and excited for her - and she was really proud of herself and her hard work. The competition was held a few weeks later. She competed against about 40 other kids and then found out that she'd been chosen to compete in the finals. Only 10 finalists compete and after all was said and done, she placed 8th! She got a little medal and it was such a big moment for her. We are so proud of her! She is a great student and really loves school and learning. I think she inherited that from her dad...


5 comments:

Emily said...

WOW. I am so impressed. You could tell from the time she was just a year or so old that she was smart, but I am so impressed with HOW smart she is.

ellen said...

nice work Hannah!

nic said...

All that gas money and driving paid off! She really did a great job.

Holly or James said...

couldn't she have been in the top 3? just jokin', that's awesome!
-gym

Summer said...

sweet! Thats so great!
when I was at elementary school, they gave us medals for reading a whole bunch. I have one of those- it was like my prized posession for like 5 years.