Wednesday, March 4, 2009

12 years







Twelve years ago today, I entered the Salt Lake Temple as a single person, a little bit nervous but also so happy and excited. When I left, I was married - sealed forever - to the love of my life. In the past twelve years we've experienced a lot together. Here's a very brief look at our life together in numbers:
1 awesome trip to Europe (and countless other amazing trips together - including Hawaii!)

    2 major moves (from Chicago to SLC and from Draper to Houston plus a few minor moves inbetween.)

    3 houses (well, 1 condo and 2 houses)

    4 kids

    5 cars and 1 fishing boat

    6 college degrees (okay, not quite but it feels like it sometimes - and only one of them is mine!)


(so, I was going to try to count up to 12 but it's getting way too hard)

1 hurricane.

2 trips to Disneyworld and 1 to Disneyland. (When can we go again?)

1 major career change.

3 memorable canoe trips (Starved Rock, Hallstadt, and the one here in TX - remember all those turtles and the OWL?)

1 car break down on Match Day in Chicago

4 trips to Sea World in San Antonio (and a few to Austin too - I still want to move there...)

    5 (or more) seasons of "The Bachelor" and "American Idol." I know they're your favorites.
    1 very scary high ropes course at Aspen Grove.

Countless memories of building our life and family.


There's no one else I would ever want to do this with, C.J. You are a great dad and an even better husband. I love you and I'm so glad I married you 12 years ago. I would do it all over again! Here's to the next 12 (or so...)!

P.S. When you get home today, can you show me how to scan photos? I wanted to put one of our wedding pictures on here!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! Are you sure it's been that long? I was pretty much a grown-up when you guys got married and I'm MUCH too young to have been almost a grown up 12 years ago.

You were a beautiful bride--seriously--and I still sort of wish I had worn your wedding dress. I've never seen one I liked better, even my own. Your hair was perfect, I thought. And I'll never forget all that SNOW that morning! I was so excited when CJ proposed to you and we LOVE having him in our family. So, congratulations!

Peg said...

Happy Anniversary! Here's to another bazillon years!

mahina said...

congrats! that's a big accomplishment these days! we just celebrated 40 years with mitch's parents over the weekend! wow! we are working on 10 years. it's amazing how fast it goes! i don't feel like it's been that long!

ellen said...

I was thinking about you guys yesterday and wondering what you'd be doing. Congratulations!

Jeannie said...

Happy Anniversary! We've got #14 coming up next month. I feel like I am in a time warp because it doesn't really feel like that long ago. But it was so long ago!

Summer said...

Wow thats so long ago! I can actually remember some of your wedding. I was what, three at the time?

Holly or James said...

zowee, 12 years! congrats!
-gym