Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baptism day

Well, it has been a crazy couple of weeks, filled with things like a baptism, a baby blessing, visits from family, home projects, a sick baby and just day-to-day life. But I've decided it's time to get back into my habit of occasionally posting about our life. So my first choice was to post about our sweet Hannah's baptism.

It was such a neat day - she was the only person who was baptized that day and I loved that it got to be all about her. It started off with a sweet prayer by Charlie. I honestly think his words brought the Spirit like nothing else could've. He prayed that Hannah would "have a good baptism" and also that "everyone on the whole earth can know that Jesus Christ is our Savior." What a sweet boy! Then Grandpa Wolf gave a talk about baptism. He reminded us of the words in the scriptures immediately following Jesus' baptism and said to imagine that Heavenly Father was saying those same things about Hannah. "This is my beloved daughter in whom I am well pleased." Then Hannah was baptized and it was really emotional (for me at least - but then, I cried most of the time we were there). It's hard to believe she's old enough to be making covenants already, ya know? Anyway, then Grandpa Larson gave a talk about the Holy Ghost and then Hannah was confirmed. Afterwards, we came back to our house and feasted on egg rolls and fried rice (thanks mom and Millie!) It was a really great day. I also have to thank everyone who contributed to her baptism book. It came together really nicely and I love that she'll have it to look at for years to come. Here are a few photos of our special day:


I wish someone had mentioned to me that my beloved J.Crew prison-stripe sweater was NOT flattering on a post-pregnancy body...)





7 comments:

Holly or James said...

Congratulations to Hannah! Looks like one big happy family.
-gym

ellen said...

so neat, you all look so cute- and you look like a BIG family, weird

Emily said...

she looks so pretty, and grown up. I like the sweater. Your family DOES look big!

Melanie said...

I'm glad to hear it went well. You guys had a busy weekend! :) Love the family picture - very cute.

Peg said...

where did you get Hannah's dress? very cute!

the Roberson family said...

Congratulations! Those are the best days ever.

Summer said...

Wish we could have been there- Congrats kiddo!