Thursday, August 14, 2008

Insomnia



It happens to me every time. I hit my second trimester and suddenly, by some weird and cruel trick of nature, I can no longer sleep. I'm tired, I fall asleep and then between 2 and 4 am, I'm awake. Really, really awake. And can't fall back to sleep. I'll be ready to go back to bed around 6:30 or 7 - just in time for my kids to get up. I must forget about this part. Thank goodness for post-pregnancy amnesia.

So, I've been surfing since 4 am. I found a website for my old mission and I registered. And I FINALLY set up a profile on Facebook (I found your old email invite Ellen). You'd think I could use this time effectively, like maybe clean out my pantry or kitchen cabinets or Hannah's closet & dresser (oh wait, I guess she's sleeping in there right?) If you have any fun websites or ideas, it looks like I'm going to have a lot more time on my hands.

6 comments:

Emily said...

oh man, that's AWFUL. Do you read Pioneer Woman? Or Light Refreshments Served? Those are two of my favorite blogs, I could spend hours on those sites. LRS has Emily Watts as a contributor, and all the other girls who write are sooo funny. I love it.

lyn said...

I'm so sorry!! That is horrible. There was a time when Kate was waking up several times a night and I just couldn't go back to sleep when she went back down. It stinks.

BTW, I just signed up on Facebook, too :)

Melanie said...

Oh Sara, I remember doing the same thing. I'd always shop online (or make wish lists). I'd work on dinner menus for the month too, and grocery lists.

I remember reading lots of books. :)
Good luck!

ellen said...

that's happened to me too! Except it's when i go to sleep. I'm super exhausted, can't barely keep my eyes open, so i go to bed and i'm suddenly wide awake. It's a real bummer after the past 4 months of sleeping like a baby. I got a message from facebook saying you'd accepted my invitation and i was like "what, when did i invite her, can't even remember that"

Sara said...

Mel, dinner menus is such a great idea and something I could definitely use improvement on! That's a really great idea so thanks! And by the way, did you find any jammies at Old Navy?

Ellen, you invited me back in April I think...I went back through tons of old emails.

Queen of the Castle said...

I'm sorry Sara. When I can't sleep I usually end up doing things like paying bills or working on my sewing projects because it is so much easier to do that when you don't have kids interrupting you every five minutes. Oh, wait and then there is reading, but I don't know if that counts as insomnia, I just don't want to sleep.