Friday, August 1, 2008

Pregnant


So I know that my pregnancy announcement in my recent post was kind of lame. I've been wanting to do a cute post about it but I don't have any cute ideas. Plus, lame again I know, but I'm so darn tired! But, I did find out in May, VERY much to my surprise, that I'm pregnant with baby #4. There's a (bad) picture of my first ultrasound taken at 7 weeks when I was first able to see the heartbeat. I was actually able to wait almost 4 weeks to tell my husband and kids (I've always wanted to wait but I've never been able to before. But after having Hannah announce it in Primary when I was 5 weeks pregnant with Rachel, I finally found the determination!) I told CJ for Father's Day with a pink and a blue balloon and ultrasound pictures with a card signed by the baby. It was exciting to watch his face as he figured out what I was really telling him!
We are very, very happy to add another baby to our family. Sometimes when I think back to before we had Hannah and we didn't know if we would ever have children, I feel so overwhelmed to think that here were are with 3 healthy kids - more than I could've ever hoped for - and another on the way. I had another ultrasound at 13 weeks (partly to check for warning signs of Down's Syndrome - hey, I'm not getting any younger) and the Dr. said he thinks it looks like a boy. I hope he's right. I would be happy either way, but Charlie has been praying DAILY since January for a baby brother. We know this was an answer to our prayers and once again, our own little personal miracle. Some of you may not know and I'm not trying to make a big deal of it, but getting pregnant has never been an easy thing for us and we feel really blessed that it has happened again.

9 comments:

Emily said...

it really IS a miracle. I remember coming to your condo in salt lake one summer and seeing a crib on the balcony. I go, "are you pregnant?" and you said yes and we both burst into tears. I think it will always be a big deal for people with infertility issues to get pregnant. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you.

mahina said...

that is so very exciting for you guys! it really is a miracle, coming from someone that knows!!
that is wonderful news!

Peg said...

Every time I hear this news it's so exciting! Trust me....I understand when you say miracles. We are so happy for ya'll!

Queen of the Castle said...

I hear ya about the tired thing.... I'm excited for you guys! I don't think that I could keep it from Jamie for that long, I get too sick, he would know something was up. I hope you do have a boy. Bailey has been so excited to have a little brother, it is almost overwhelming. I'm sure Charlie would feel the same way.

Melanie said...

I hope you have a boy too! I think that would just make Charlie's year! :)

I'm so excited for you. I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly!

barterboutique said...

can't wait to hear news from the next ultrasound. what do you think you're having?

Holly or James said...

i bet if i was around you and you were drinking lots of milk i would have guessed that you were prego...heh heh heh
-gym

Holly or James said...

Yea!!! Congrats Sara!! I've been totally forgettful in congratulating you on your 4th baby! That really is a blessing! Hope you're feeling okay. (:

Shelah said...

Congratulations! I had to come blog stalk to see if my suspicions at church today were right. I'm so excited for you!