Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fall cravings

First of all I just have to say that there's not much else that I love more than new Fall clothes. I know it's weird and I don't care. I think it dates back to starting a new school year and getting new school clothes or something. And unfortunately, where I live, there's not much need for new things when Fall arrives because it never really does. It just gradually stops being too hot & humid to leave the house (unless you're heading to the pool) sometime in November. Seriously, the past two Halloweens here were too hot and humid for costumes and trick-or-treating and the mosquitos were a nightmare. But I digress... back to Fall things. I got my Fall catalog from Boden a few days ago and spent a really long time poring over the pages and dog-earing everything I loved and by the time I finished it, I had folded down almost half of the pages in the magazine. Now, I've liked Boden stuff since I got my first catalog from them years ago but I am so in love with so many things from the catalog I hardly know where to start. So I decided I would have to post a few of my favorites (along with their prices) to talk myself out of a major shopping and spending spree. Prepare yourselves to "Fall" in love...


This is called, appropriately, the "fun skirt." I covet it. It would go with almost anything!
$98

The "good mood" tee

$58

The Hamptons Cardigan - it's wool, so totally impractical but I love it. Check out the kiwi melange color here.

$108


I have to give Emily credit here. She pointed this outfit out to me while we were on the phone yesterday and I think I like it almost as much as she does. Orange and navy? I wouldn't have thought to put them together, but I love this and I want it! Especially the Dotty Flower Skirt. It also comes in a really pretty violet color.
$68These navy boots are also in the above picture. Love the suede cuff at the top.
$268

I'm not usually one to yearn after a denim dress but I love this one.

$88

Oddly enough, I have always wanted a pair of wellies and it rains here enough to almost justify getting some. I've even seen some that I liked before, but I think these take the cake.

$48




I love the layered look but hate actually wearing a lot of layers, so I really like things like this that look layered but are just one simple shirt. Lots of cute color options at their website. Go see!
$48

Isn't this cute? I posted this because I really like the polka-dot shirt she's wearing. It also comes in green (see here).

$88


Last but not least, this cute little dress.

$118

Bringing my grand total to a mere $990. With my 10% off coupon (and free shipping!) I would only have to shell out $891 for my new fall wardrobe. None of which will fit me by this fall - or winter - anyway due to the fact that I'm 14 weeks pregnant. Really though, check out Boden's website. There are so many cute things and jackets and stuff that I didn't even include. Let me know what you think. And if you know a quick, easy way for me to earn $891 - there's always next fall right?

8 comments:

Emily said...

love those wellies and the layered shirt, all sooo cute. love the polka dot shirt under the cardigan too. my post for tomorrow is very similar to this one! sorry to copy you but i couldn't help myself.

and nice way of sneaking in your pregnancy at the end of that post.

Sara said...

I know. I really need to post about it better but I need a cute idea. I liked how natalie announced hers but I don't want to copy. Maybe I'll just scan in my ultrasound pics.

lyn said...

Wow! Congratulations! That is kind of a sneaky way to tell everyone you're pregnant!! It's been a while since I've seen you (with all the vacations....)

oh yeah, the Boden stuff is cute, too :) I received the catalog while we were gone, but it is still sitting in the "need to look at" mail pile...

barterboutique said...

CONGRATS! I'm excited for you! How have you been feeling? Love the clothes and your taste!

Peg said...

I thought maybe you were after seeing the pictures from the dinner at PF Chang's but I wasn't going to ask! Yahooo@!! A new baby to love on! Do you know if it's a boy or girl? Emily..you're next!

Melanie said...

Sara!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. You poor thing - have you been feeling sick in all this sticky heat?! And I didn't even know - I could have brought you a dinner or taken the kids or something. You don't even look pregnant. :)

And I have to agree, that first skirt is SO cute! You found lots of good stuff.

Holly or James said...

i'm still buggin' that you and helen are having more babies. you guys must be nuts!
-gym

Emily said...

gym, you're WEIRD.