Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our latest happenings...

With the arrival of Hurricane Dolly, we are staying home for the next day or two. We had major thunderstorms during the night and everything will be wet for the next few days, so I have a (lame) excuse to stay home and putter around. So it's 9:53 am and I'm feeling pretty good about my day so far: I've showered, the kids are all fed and dressed, the dishwasher is running, the washer and dryer are also running and everyone is occupied enough for me to post. Hooray!
So, yesterday was a big day. We had painters come to paint our office and entry way. We've never hired someone to paint before - we've always done it ourselves, but with these high ceilings, I was pretty sure we needed to call in a professional. And it was awesome! Here's a picture of the entry way on Monday night. (See the pretty dining room through the archway? Last summer's project...)
And here it is this morning! We still have a lot of work to do, mostly in the office. But it's really exciting to finally have the painting done. I've been waiting over 2 years to do this. And I was very nervous about the color - mostly because it's a little bit darker than I would've normally chosen but I love the way it turned out. Hannah and I had to run to Home Depot last night at 8:00 too because the color we picked for the art niche looked exactly the same as the main color and I really wanted a contrast, but we found something else I liked (Hannah was a GREAT helper) and I really like the way that turned out as well.
We also got our new sofa table delivered yesterday. I'm still not completely decided about the "stuff" on it but it's another thing I've been waiting a long time for. So yesterday was almost as good as Christmas for me (maybe even better...) and now I've got to go start putting things back in their places. Hooray for the hurricane.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sara, it looks GREAT! I love it (and feel slightly jealous).

barterboutique said...

It looks amazing! We never painted our house back in the U.S. because we kept waiting to have someone else do it. I just know it would take me more than a month and that I would be a growling witch the entire time. We always figured we'd have it painted, but then we moved. But, I'm still curious...do you think it was worth the $$$?

Summer said...

Oh wow... I hope we visit sometime!

mahina said...

i love the new entryway! it is amazing what a little bit of color can do for a room! it's gorgeous. and it must have been nice to let someone else do it!!

Queen of the Castle said...

I'm glad you finally got it done. I can't wait to see the new office!