Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy birthday Hannah

Yesterday was Hannah's birthday and I can hardly believe she's already 8. Last night when I was tucking her in bed and told her 'Happy Birthday' she said the cutest thing. She said, "this is the anniversary of when you became a mother." And she's right, 8 years ago, I became a mother for the first time. What an 8 years it has been! Sometimes it's hard to remember what my life was like before kids. I forget sometimes - okay, almost all of the time - what a miracle it is to have her. About 9 years ago, in fact, our R.E. (that's a reproductive endrocrinologist or fertility dr.) told us that even with all the medical help we could get, we had a 15% chance of having biological children and we were taking classes with LDS Family Services to start the adoption process. And a few months later I found out I was pregnant with her (and now we have 4! Who would've believed it?) I guess miracles still happen because we've had 4 of them, but I have to remember that it all started with my Hannah-bird.

Anyway, I took her to get her ears pierced for her birthday and she did great - even though they had to do them one at a time. Tomorrow is her party - I'll have to post pictures of that (if I ever get around to it - it's getting harder and harder to blog lately, let alone even check my emails).

We are making her a baptism book and these are the two pictures my dad attached to his letter for her. I love both of them. And her book is going to be SO cute - so if you haven't done a page for her yet, you have a few more days to get it to me! And THANK YOU to those who have already done it.





At 7 or 8 months - one of my FAVORITE pictures of her.


When she was in 1st grade (last year) my parents were here visiting and one day, we got McDonald's and took to it school to have lunch with her.

***Happy 8th birthday Hannah! We love you!***

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, Sara, what a blessing! :) Just proof that someone up there knows who we are and what we need help with!

Happy Birthday Hannah!

(Love that baby picture too! It makes me think of Rachel.)

Unknown said...

She is a cute one. Can barely believe she's already 8!
-gym

Emily said...

she sure is a cutie! I did my page for her and forgot to send it before we came down here for Eliza's blessing. I'll send it Monday.