Friday, January 9, 2009

Celine Dion

It's really late - like it's "actually-early-tomorrow-morning" late, but I got home from the Celine Dion concert a little while ago and had to post and tell you how much fun I had. We met downtown and ate at a really yummy Italian restaurant and then took a cab to the Toyota Center for the concert. I'm not a huge fan or anything (I didn't even know she was coming to town) but a friend had an extra ticket and invited me and I thought, "Who turns down a free ticket to see Celine Dion?" Obviously, not me.
Anyway, it was a really fun show. I'll admit to occasionally thinking about the Celine Dion spoofs on SNL (that are seriously funny) but man, that girl can sing! There were two songs where she sang part of it a capella and I just sat there and wished that I could sing like her. She's not the best dancer or performer I've ever seen but I was truly, truly impressed and amazed at her voice. She sounds incredible live and I had a great time with two friends - one an old friend and the other a new. Thanks E* for taking me - I had a great time!

3 comments:

Summer said...

oh- fun!

ellen said...

I'll bet mom is jealous! fun

Emily said...

how fun! i woulda loved that. i'm not a huge fan either, but concerts are fun.