Friday, January 9, 2009

I feel like a squirrel getting ready to hibernate...

Not much to report on today. I saw the OB this morning. I've lost 3 pounds and I'm still measuring a week ahead, but otherwise, no progress. Right now, we're still planning on an induction on the 21st.

Then I headed to Costco. I spent an insane amount of money trying to stock up on everything I could think of to avoid going to the store for anything but essentials for the next little while. I had one of the big, flat, long carts and it was piled high (my poor kids were forced to walk for once which wouldn't have been so bad except that Rachel really enjoyed the freedom and disappeared on me twice).

Anyway, so here's a photo of my recently stocked grocery store, um, I mean pantry. I love all this space and I love having full shelves. Is that weird? My freezer is also crammed. I'm trying to think of every possible way to feed my family while not really cooking for the next month, so if you have any brilliant ideas or EASY things that your family likes to eat, let me know.


Tonight, I'm headed to a Celine Dion concert and tomorrow is our dinner/Wii date with some friends.

What are you doing this weekend?

7 comments:

Cherise said...

I have serious pantry envy right now, you have twice the space I do... Good luck getting ready and here's hoping that you have a great epidural (unless you don't want one of course). I hope all goes well!

mahina said...

you are smart to do this! i never do that before a baby comes, but it is an excellent idea. i just let mitch and my mom feed the older kids. i'm incharge of feeding the nursing baby, everyone else is someone elses problem or responsibility. they will probably just eat cereal 24/7 and be perfectly content!

Nikki said...

I can't believe you're almost due--pregancy goes by so much faster when you're not the pregnant one :). I know that feeling your having--everything is going along as usual now, but in the air is a feeling that pretty soon life will be turned upside down and never be exactly the same again. Sounds like you've got some fun things going on to keep you occupied. I'm excited to see pictures of the new little one when he comes.

Summer said...

my mom's gonna love that.

AustinCougar said...

That is my dream pantry!!!

Queen of the Castle said...

I did the same thing before Seth was born. Lucy, Bailey, Abigail and I literally spent all morning at Costco. We filled up one cart with all of the things that weren't perishable, checked out, then went back and got some more. I was surprised at how well the kids did, I know I wanted to get out of there.
BTW, I still have pantry envy. My "food storage room", which is really an unfinished bathroom is downstairs, I like that yours is right off of the kitchen.
Good luck with the baby!

Emily said...

going to LA to see Wicked!