Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday thought

Saint Francis of Assisi once said, "Do not fear what may happen tomorrow. The same loving father who cares for you today will care for you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then and put aside all anxious thought and imaginings."

Good advice to someone like me. My anxious thought lately? I feel like I just might be pregnant FOREVER. Or worse, the baby will eventually arrive and I'll actually be the mother of 4 (!!!) children.

5 comments:

Summer said...

oh no... a baby coming after nine months of pregnancy?! That's never happened before. ;) you're a great mom- don't worry about it!

lynette said...

that last month really is the worst, but you can do--you really have no other choice! :P

Queen of the Castle said...

Yeah, every once in a while I actually count my children, and I shudder. The mother of four. It seems surreal.
Good luck!

mahina said...

great quote! iam with you 100% on this one! just tonight mitch said, "do you think we are ready to have four children?!"

all day yesterday we were out running errands as a family. and as we were heading home i asked mitch,"do you ever look at our kids when we are out in public and think, 'wow, that's a lot of kids!' and then look at me with my pregnant belly and think, 'and we are having another one!?'" he just looked at me and said, "YEAH!!"

i think the nine months of pregnancy is a preparation time for us to get ready for having another one. i also believe that the last month is so difficult so that we would rather have the baby out than have it in!

hang in there! i wish i was closer to having ours! although, kawena was 3 weeks early which would mean next sunday is when i would have been having her. so, it's possible for me to have this one next sunday, but i'm not betting on it!

Emily said...

you're so gonna be great. good luck!