Friday, January 16, 2009

What's going on around here:

Since I was miserable last night, CJ attended my monthly book club meeting for me. We had read East of Eden and I totally loved it, so I was a little sad to miss the discussion and see my friends. Plus, who wants to miss the meeting after spending a month reading such a huge, long book? But, CJ had read it too and I think he had a good time (despite being the only boy there). I grilled him this morning because I wanted to know everything they had talked about. Isn't he a nice hubby to go for me?

Hannah only has a half-day of school today and then she and Charlie are spending the afternoon at the park with friends while Rachel takes a nap (since she didn't get one yesterday and it was bad news. We cannot repeat that today!)

I can't think of ANYTHING to make for dinner tonight.

My fabulous friends took me out to dinner on Wednesday night. The food was great and the company even better. And I got some really cute things for the new baby. Thanks guys! I don't know what I would do without you!

I keep wondering what I "should" be doing right now because I won't be able to once the baby comes next week. I'm sure it will all come to me once it's too late...

I'm hoping to get a massage tomorrow. And I need to return a few things too. Maybe I'll get a chance to go without the kids.

Hannah and CJ will both be home on Monday so we're trying to think of something fun to do.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Emily said...

My new favorite dinner is a crockpot one, and I want it all the time. I just put 2 chicken breasts in, then combine 1 can of cheddar cheese and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and pour it over. then right before dinner I steam some broccoli and put it on top, and serve it all over rice. The cans of soup probably aren't that good for you, but it tastes SO good.

Good luck with your last few days of (relative) freedom!

mahina said...

ice to have the end in sight! so you are being induced on wednesday, is that right? i've got three weeks to go and sleeping at night is getting rougher every night!

i can't believe cj went to your book club! mitch would NEVER do that!

a massage sounds fabulous! the last time i was pregnant i got a massage and i think it put me into labor! hmmmm, maybe i should go use my birthday massage gift certificate that i got before i left oregon! sounds like a good idea to me!

Peg said...

Emily's dinner sounds good! I love the massage part. I may have to do that tomorrow. Wishing you a speedy delivery with good drugs!

mahina said...

so, i never saw here on your blog what you are having, but did i see a "he" on the last comment you left on my blog? i hope i'm not ruining anything, but i just never saw you post anything about the gender of your baby! three more days! yippee!

Holly or James said...

i never get MLK off!
-gym

Melanie said...

Oh Sara! I hope you're able to get some rest tonight and things go well for you tomorrow. Can't wait to meet him!