Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter



This was my family Sunday morning, after the Easter egg hunt and before church.
Sheesh, what a day. CJ was sustained as a counselor in the bishopric and as he walked up to the stand, Rachel had a little meltdown and I had to take her out. Luckily, a friend came and sat with my other 3 kids so I didn't have to take them out with me. And I realized that Rachel is the only baby I've had without CJ serving in a bishopric (or being called shortly after the baby arrived). This is the third time for him (he keeps joking that he must not be getting it right) but the sad thing for me is now I have to sit alone each week but with 4 kids this time around. Woe is me, right? I'm sure I could have worse problems and there are lots of girls in my ward who do that alot. And single parents or part-member families do it all the time. But I've had 3 wonderful years of having CJ at my side every single Sunday. And he was home in the morning before church, helping me get kids ready and packing the diaper bag. And home after church helping feed the kids and getting them changed and down for naps of whatever. And now (too late) I realize how spoiled I was. I've had lots of offers from friends to help out during sacrament meeting and I'm so grateful to be in this ward where I know that help will be available to me - and believe me, we will need it. Okay, now I've vented a little and I'm going to much more positive about the whole bishopric thing - yay!
Hope you had a Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Look at all that blue! They look so sweet! It's all going to be okay. Your family will be blessed (probably in ways you won't notice until after, just like you didn't notice the blessing of having CJ at home until it was over), but I'll pray for you every week.

SUPER cute kiddos.

Melanie said...

Did someone makes those outfits? I noticed how they all matched and thought that was so cute - each one was a little different, but they all went together.

Congrats and good luck with CJ. I'm sure you'll be blessed, but with it comes all that sacrifice. Thanks for being willing to share CJ with the whole ward! :) (And you know I would love to help out too when my husband is there, otherwise I think seven kids and two moms might just be asking for trouble!!) :)

Holly or James said...

cute kids!
-gym