Monday, April 13, 2009

Tick-tock

I love clocks.


I went into a clock store almost 10 years ago to buy a cuckoo clock for my husband who was graduating from medical school (and specializing in psychiatry - get it?) and I had to drag myself out of the store. I love the sound of a clock chiming on the hour and since our cuckoo clock broke, I miss hearing that little bird announcing the time. So I loved this idea for my entry way wall. It's been 3 years since we moved into this house and I have agonized over what to put in this huge space. But it's finally done. Almost. Now, I'm looking for a piece of furniture to go below the clocks. (Thank goodness for tax returns or that part would still be on hold.) I'm thinking about this from ZGallerie. It's even 10% off right now. What do you think?

8 comments:

Cherise said...

I think you have impeccable taste, I wish I had that kind of vision for my home!

Diane Owen said...

That is so darn cute! Why can't I come up with ideas like that. Love it!

Peg said...

That is wonderful! I love it!

Emily said...

Sara, i LOVE that. It looks so cool! Mom had told me about it but it looks even cooler than i imagined. I love that buffet, too. Good choice.

ellen said...

that's so cute, love the table but a little pricey if you ask me, I have a table similar to that (well I'm sure it's probably not as nice) that was only a couple hundred

Dave L. said...

Sara,
Glad you waited to put up the clocks until after you got the letters printed. You did a really great job.
It looks super.
Dad

Melanie said...

You are so creative and talented!! I love it. I think that table/buffet would be gorgeous underneath the clocks. (Can I totally copy your idea some day?!)

nic said...

Okay, that is brilliant! I'm gonna have to see it in person. You are so good at the decorating. Can I just pay you to do my house? (wait, I'd have to buy all the stuff too, huh? Dang.)

LOVE IT!