Monday, April 7, 2008

I loved General Conference!
Something about Conference reminds me of all the trips we made to Utah as kids so my dad could attend in person. We loved staying in hotels (especially if there were elevators!) and heading to Deseret Book during the Priesthood Session. It also reminds me of the times I went in person while I was a student at BYU. Even if we didn't get into the tabernacle (yes, those were the "good 'ol days" before the Conference Center) we would sit outside on the beautiful grounds and just listen. Fun times! CJ said Priesthood on Sat. night was awesome and one of the best sessions he's ever listened to. And I (along with probably half the women in the church) LOVED Elder Ballard's talk yesterday afternoon. I missed President Hinckley but I'm excited about President Monsen too - wasn't he funny? I feel ready to face a new week.

6 comments:

Ammon said...

Sara,
I just wanted to stop by on your blog and personally thank you for the wonderful package. I'm sure you've read all about it in my post, but it was such an amazing surprise/gift! You have impeccable timing. Thanks so much!

Emily said...

good one. i missed yesterday afternoon since michelle was here but i recorded it, can't wait to watch.

i want to cry when i think of president monson talked about being a bishop at 22 and never sitting with his wife. can you imagine that? he's been an apostle for almost double as long as i've been alive. a LIFETIME of service.

Peg said...

wasn't conference great! There were a couple of talks that hit home for me. I really missed President Hinkley but President is awesome.

Holly or James said...

Isn't MonsOn spelled with an "O"? Priesthood was incredible! I do miss the good ol' days of conference at the Tabernacle.
-gym

ellen said...

I loved Elder Ballard's talk too (who wouldn't) I forced Jared to stay awake for it

the Roberson family said...

I always love to hear general conference.. it's such a nice reminder to myself of the things that are most important. I would love your e-mail address so I can add you to my blog. I hope you are all doing well!