Monday, December 8, 2008



I have the nicest husband ever! I have done absolutely NOTHING today. Seriously, I barely even got dressed (and only because the construction guys were here today. Oh, and Charlie had a friend over so I had to so the other mom wouldn't know that I'm a total loser). And right now, CJ is in the kitchen feeding all of the kids dinner. Why, you ask? Why the extreme laziness? It's because I just started re-reading "East of Eden." It's the book our book club is reading for January and since it's so long, I decided to give myself plenty of time to get through it. I read it in high school and I remembered a little bit, but I started it last night and I honestly can't put it down. It's so good.

So, thanks CJ for not having class tonight and for fixing dinner for me. I'm going back to my book...

5 comments:

Summer said...

For the beds- great choice. It's better to pick something they will like as teenagers, because I only had my nice pottery barn stuff for 2 years before I decided it was too little kiddish.

ellen said...

Sara,
I think you are great - not to mention CJ. You should call Lindsey sometime since she starts a book and can't do anything else until she finishes it. For me, I start twenty books, which are all in a nice row - none of them finished! I love and miss all of you. Ellen (and not your biological sister!)

Emily said...

I just went to a book club about that book on Thursday! It's my #1 favorite book of all time, but nobody else seemed to like it. I read aloud the part where Lee is teaching Adam about "thou mayest" and I almost started bawling--in front of 10 women I didn't know. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

CJ said...

I just read it too and I agree with Emily, the Hebrew word "timshel or "thou mayest" portion of the with Lee explaining what he learned was the most impactful part of the book for me. There are so many other great insights into human nature he has that are written almost as sidebars as he is telling the story. I want to read more from him and remember reading Of Mice and Men but wonder if anyone can recommend any of his other books that come close to East of Eden.

Emily said...

I think East of Eden is by far his best. But I loved Of Mice and Men and Grapes of Wrath too...I just think E of E was the best. It's the last book he ever wrote, and he thought it was his best too.